Classroom Happenings — Please Read!

Hi all,

Just wanted to send a quick message to all parents. I am finishing up a class update newsletter that I will send in the next day or two, but wanted to touch on 2 points before then, as they are more time sensitvie:

1. Our playground and fields have become quite wet and muddy. If possible, please send kids to school in some sort of footwear that will keep them dry or somewhat dry (i.e. rubber boots, winter boots if they are partly rubberized). In addition, sending a couple extra pairs of socks in their backpack is also helpful for when water does get into their footwear!
  2. We began letter writing today. Our class discussed why people write letters, what they write in letters, and who people write letters to. As we brainstormed, someone came up with the idea to write to recovering players from the Humboldt Bronco’s team. Many kids loved this idea, and I did as well! Students all chose who they’d like to write to, whether that was a friend, family member, teacher, player from Broncos, etc. Tomorrow we will write polished copies of our letters. Students who wrote to someone they know will either deliver the letter themselves (i.e. if it is a friend in the school) or bring it home (if it is a family member). I told them that, with permission, I would deliver the Bronco’s letters to the hospital to be passed on; however, if you are not comfortable with that, please send me and email and I will make sure that your child’s letter is not included. The letters that do get passed on will not include last names or identifying features like phone numbers, addresses, or photos of children. They will include first names, as well as the school we are from. Again, I want to respect everyone’s interests and privacy, so if you DO NOT want your child’s letter passed on, please let me know. Otherwise, I plan to deliver the letters tomorrow.

Thanks all and enjoy the warm weather!

-Miss Fichtner